My name is Aaron. I’m a drillers’ offsider, FIFO worker, 2 and 1, and I live in Perth, WA. Happy. 2017, my life seems to have really taken a turn for the better. I will elaborate more on my.. epiphany you could say, in my personal growth page. I identify as INFJ and typing myself has been the single biggest help in my life; in understanding why I keep repeating the same mistakes. Why?
BECAUSE I DIDN’T LEARN THE FIRST TIME!! or the second or third in some cases.
And also paraphrasing my sister:
- Kind; my general state of being.
- Caring; the most likely thing you will find me doing at any given moment.
- Intelligent; somewhat, I dunno. Depends on how you assess that I suppose.
- Generous; with my time, my money, and my possessions.
- Rude; I can say things without thinking, not intentionally to hurt others.
- A good listener; I really do try to actively listen; sometimes it’s hard not to give advice though.
- Judgemental; I am judgemental, I judge people, just as anyone else does.
If you are familiar with MBTI you would recognise these as typical INFJ traits. As with any type, it comes with challenges and .. ahh bonuses?
Hmm, being the rarest of types can seem very hard at times; an estimated 1-2% of the population. I feel out of place; strange. And a susceptible target for those who take advantage.
I find it difficult to deal with some situations that involve too many people, or too many stimuli. I am extremely sensitive to offensive smells. Loud noises, I can find distracting and irritating. I have a tendency to come across as very critical and judgemental, in my dealings with people I care about. I see things from a different perspective. It’s not that I am critical in the normal sense of the word, more that I’m trying to offer my help in the only way I know how. Even when it’s not wanted.
Morals and values:
- Honesty; I’m still struggling with this one, my mother told me never ever tell a lie, so I tend to be brutally honest.
- Trust; I trust that people are honest in their dealings with me even though the INFJ in me can see through it.
- Promises; I would never make a promise I didn’t intend to keep.
- Respect; I have respect for others and their property.
- Loyalty; I would never say anything about a friend that I wouldn’t say to their face.
- Boundaries; I respect other peoples boundaries.
Although I have discovered recently the only boundaries I’ve had that are non-negotiable in my long term relationships are physical abuse and stealing my money. Really Aaron? I mean don’t you deserve more.
So that needs to change, I need to change, I need to grow.