Ok so I’m no psychologist, but I can compare someone else’s strange behavior to diagnostic criteria. However, as I was so intimately involved with this person I must take it at face value.
Well, my most recent relationship ended poorly.
Haha, no, no it did not. I got everything I wanted and more.
Fate has a strange way of stepping in my life and taking the shit out; every now and again.
Or does it haha the very suggestion of fate, with this entire blog, could suggest a cluster A personality disorder. I will explore that later on.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder
“Personality disorders are a group of conditions that affect people’s thoughts, behaviors and emotions in long-term negative patterns that occur in all areas of life.”
People with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) may appear arrogant, with an inflated self-image and disregard for the feelings of others. This disorder can cause socially destructive behaviors that damage relationships.
NPD is part of the cluster of personality disorders with symptoms of intense and unstable emotions and a distorted self-image. It’s a rare disorder, affecting more men than women and is usually evident by early adulthood.
The nature of NPD symptoms means it’s hard for people who suffer from the disorder to realise they have a problem. When you believe you’re better than everyone else, why would you think there’s anything wrong? It is often the family or loved ones who are most aware of this problem and who also suffer the consequences.
However, if left untreated, NPD can affect a person’s work, social and family life. The state of someone’s relationships can be the biggest indicator. Psychotherapy can help people with NPD to understand themselves better, and relate to others more positively. With support and treatment, life can become more enjoyable for people with NPD and their loved ones.
Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) can impact all areas of life, since symptoms are present during work and at home. It can be hard for others to tolerate the symptoms of NPD, which can mean the sufferer becomes isolated.
Key symptoms include:
Inability to listen to others
She didn’t know or care about anything to do with me, I would tell her all the time how much i disliked the smell of poo, how much it upset me. She didn’t know anything about any of my interests.
Fantasising about power, beauty and success
Refers to herself as a “Queen”, “Goddess”, “Fashion stylist” with no real idea of the skill or achievements required to use such words without looking like an idiot.
Exaggerating achievements and abilities
Superiority, specifically towards people perceived as ‘lower’ in status
Well she managed to scare away three assistant managers
Lack of awareness regarding others
She was the major cause of my anxiety and depression. I asked for help so many times. She just didn’t care.
Increased risk of using drugs and alcohol
Haha she definately has a problem here, she would drink just as much as me and had been known to down a whole Maccas family meal to herself, ya four big burgers and four fries, you don’t get to 150kg without alot of food. Although after her surgery she couldn’t drink alcohol, and she couldn’t eat. But she kept up with her excessive expenditure on clothes, smoking marijuana and renewed her addiction to masturbating with people online. But she’s going to be able to drink to excess again soon
This is just wierd i don’t get why but she prefers meaningless friendships with people online and people that believe her lies to meaningfull ones with close friends.
Inflated sense of entitlement
She expected me to cook and clean and plan and pay for everything.
Obsession with class and status
Exploiting others for personal gain
Men, specifically has only ever used men for sex and money. Refering to this disgusting behaviour as “Feminism”.
Lacking empathy, especially for perceived weaknesses
No understanding of the hurt she caused me. Or her Ex
Strong desire for control over relationships
Everytime I was happy, she would do something that really hurt me.
Envy for those perceived as being of a higher status
Inability to admit wrongdoing
She couldn’t take responsibility for anything, nothing.. ever.
Distant, practical manner in regards to personal relationships
Practical, no. Too covert for that. Black and White is how I would describe it.
Believing that others are envious of them
I didn’t see much of this one
Severe anger if orders or directions are not followed by others
She was angry all the time, I don’t really no what to say about that
Can ‘write off’ friends permanently over small or imagined issues
Imagined somehow that me being upset about cat poo was abuse. And that my excessive drinking was somehow not related to her.
Great pride in the accomplishments of children or family
Expecting constant praise and recognition for achievements
Unrealistic goal setting
Had no goals of her own. All of her goals are developed around what can get her the most attention at the time. Usually her current goals are orientated around enticing her new supply
Difficulty maintaining healthy relationships
Had no healthy relationships
Feeling hurt and rejected easily.
Histrionic Personality Disorder
Courtesy of: Mayo Clinic
- Constantly seeking attention
- Excessively emotional, dramatic or sexually provocative to gain attention
- Speaks dramatically with strong opinions, but few facts or details to back them up
- Easily influenced by others
- Shallow, rapidly changing emotions
- Excessive concern with physical appearance
- Thinks relationships with others are closer than they really are
Ooo hard to say after reading that histrionic one, because on this forum the justification for cheating:
- I like to make my fan club jealous of each other to prove that they love me and give me validation
- I lie to avoid conflict
- I go after people I can control
- I have sex to feel good about myself
- I get bored easily
- I get SO mad when I get cheated on
- I want them to fall in love with me
Ok, so we’ll look at some more specific narcissism stuff here. It hurts looking back on this to think the only good thing I can come up with out of the whole thing; is that it ended.
- Constantly chatting up people
- I knew the passwords to their email, Tumblr, Instagram, facebook, viber, and skype. I’d check up on them every few months. Without fail, there was always a sexually inappropriate conversation going on with an ex or a stranger. That hurt, a lot.
- Doing things I specifically asked not to do; getting cats, playing with herself to get my attention, deliberately painful foreplay.
- Disregard for how their actions affected me.
- Buying a pool, ruining my $300 dollar lawn.
- Saying horrible things about me behind my back
- To her friends, to my sister.
- Making up lies about me
- Drinks every day, gets angry about silly little things all the time
- Breaking promises
- I was just telling you what you wanted to hear
- Refusing basic requests
- Please pick up your clothes, please pick up your shoes, Please pick up your cat’s poo.
- Never did anything for me that didn’t also benefit them
- Only ever cooked and did the washing.
- Obsessed with makeup, clothing, social media to the point where nothing else was done around the house
- Excessive need for attention
- Lack of ability to plan
- No responsibility
- No remorse
The real tell-tale give away, was at the very end. When I was extremely upset, begging for a chance. It was met with a cold uncaring anger. Such that I had never seen from them before. More in-line with their true internal self.